The perfect plastic or cosmetic surgeon needs both surgical skill as well as the talent to bring out most naturalistic results to fulfill a patient’s aesthetic dreams. Apart from board certification, a surgeon must have that artistic potential to his/her patient their desired look.
The duty of a surgeon involves –
• Evaluating patient’s condition
• Suggesting the ideal treatment, but not compel a patient to have surgery
• Perform the surgery keeping a close call to bring out the result as natural possible
• Provide their patients with all the postoperative care and follow up
• And most importantly, help patients to get hold of a realistic expectation about how they look, and feel comfortable and confident.
When seeking cosmetic surgery for aesthetic enhancement, it is largely categorised as per what type of a cosmetic surgery is being sought after. The anaesthetic type is largely estimated to determine the minority or extensiveness of a surgery based on invasive it is.
Types of anesthesia
There are altogether 3 types of anesthesiaâ€”
• General Anaesthesia puts the patient asleep. This is administered through a gas mask. General anaesthesia is largely used for invasive surgeries such as breast augmentation; high volume liposuction; ear correction for young patients.
• Regional Anaesthesia is injected subcutaneously to the entire region of a surgical area.
• Local anesthesia is injected subcutaneously to the specific surgical area.
• Sedatives are not really anaesthetics but have some numbing effects which is used to relax the patient during a surgery as well as minor non-surgical procedures can also be carried out under sedatives along.
How to research before choosing a surgeon
Research is vital before choosing a surgeon. Seeking patients who wish to have cosmetic surgery are often clueless as to where to start their research from, be it about the surgery; or the surgeon or a clinic. Internet is a better ally in this case than the Yellow Pages. Contacting with patients those who have already suffered same problem, will be a great idea.
Google your problems, Google how the anticipated cosmetic surgery works; find out the number of online forums dedicated to cosmetic surgery, ask your queries online and get them answered directly from cosmetic surgeons, discuss with other seeking patients or past patients; browse through before-after images. This is the best way to know what you are looking for, and make realistic decisions. Talk to a number of surgeons at once before taking your final decision instead of relying on the first the surgeon you come across.
Before a surgeon performs a surgery it his/her duty to clarify the candidate all about a conservative cosmetic approach, the course of the procedure, potential risks and complications and future safety measures of living with the changes.
Surgeons largely encourage conservative approach towards cosmetic surgery and discouraging patients to believe that it is a way of aesthetic transformation. The cosmetic best results are considered those which are not obvious to the point that is unnatural looking.
After Care and Follow Up
The duty of a cosmetic surgeon is not only to perform the surgery but also provide in depth after care support and follow up. After having cosmetic surgery, all patients will receive a set of instructions and it is important to follow these rules religiously to achieve the desired result and reduce the hassles of complications.
Cosmetic surgery does not aim to improve lives.
Sometimes, being honest and transparent for a surgeon can be hard. This happens a lot when the candidate is not ideal for the procedure he/she is seeking; and/or when the candidates are in a dilemma about their aesthetic goals.
Sometimes if a surgeon turns down a patient, that same patient goes on to have the surgery anyway, being influenced out of desperation, falling prey to chance taking unprofessional surgeons that might give the patient expensive botched results that cost them a further fortune to fix.
If a well experienced surgeon says no to a patient, it is likely for the patient to feel upset hours, days, weeks, or feel that stinging self consciousness throughout their lifetime. However, if a surgeon gives the patient botched results and doesn’t provide compensation to do the needful to fix it at free of cost, self consciousness then seem mare to the suffering a botched cosmetic surgery can cause.
Little changes of aesthetic enhance can boost one’s self confidence. But it is not realistic to suppose that cosmetic surgery can change your life for better, or improve your social and personal life.
Reviews of the Harley Body Clinic
4.7 out of 5 stars based on patient reviews